From Heraldry of Lincoln Cathedral
Jump to: navigation, search

OwnerCity of LINCOLN
FormShield Only
LocationNave (North East)
ObjectPillar in Nave
URL[Link to this page]

Shield of City of LINCOLN



Small metal shield of the City of Lincoln. Not really sure why it is here...?


Argent, on a cross gules a fleur-de-lys or

Object - Bracket on Column in Nave

Close up of Object

Ironwork attached to the 5th Pillar from the western end of the Nave on the North Side. Purpose unknown.

More information...
General View of Location

Location - Nave (North East)

(For convenience the Nave has been subdivided into four parts) The North East part of the end is at the far end and to the left as you come in through the main entrance. It contains a volunteer staffed information desk at the corner with the North West Transept

More information...

Owner - City of LINCOLN

Lincoln, City of. Ar. on a cross gu. a fleur-de-lis or. The city seal is a castle with five towers with the above arms placed over the port.[1]

More information...

  1. "The General Armory of England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales", Sir Bernard Burke, Harrison, London, 1884, P. 609